Taken from: Currents (vol. 11, issue 1, September 2005)
The Luke Center for Public Service has provided a list of ways in which the Punahou community plans to support those devastated by the hurricane. To receive further updates, please join the "Levee of Love" group on ePunahou.
Friday, October 21, 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.: Levee of Love Festival
The money collected at this event will go to the American Red Cross.
- Concert featuring student performers, time TBD. To perform or volunteer, contact: Marisa Wriston, Devin Lee, Kevin Service, or Sarah Hodges (Class of '07).
- Collection of backpacks and school supplies to send to children. (Information about backpacks can be found at www.dosomething.org.) Donations should be brought to the Levee of Love Festival.Contact: Luke Center or Luana Yee (1st grade teacher).
Ongoing until October 21: Letters and Cards
- Students are invited to write to Hurricane victims. Letters will go in backpacks or in envelopes to send to children. Students may stop by Luke Center any time to make a card. Contact: Luke Center.
October 31: Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
- Halloween collections will be broadened to include the additional focus of hurricane relief this year. Anyone can trick-or-treat and collect funds. Contact: Cathryn Lau (Junior School Faculty).
Date To Be Decided
- Faculty-Student Basketball Game. To play or help (with tickets, halftime free throw contest, concessions, etc.), Contact: Pauline Kunichika, Dana Herada (Class of '07) or Greg Puppione (Academy Faculty).